Christmas Cakes and Cupcakes
Christmas is the largest winter occasion celebrated around the world. Christmas is rich with tradition and interesting facts. Christmas trees, poinsettia plant, Christmas decorations, presents, and snow are just a few symbols that represent Christmas. Santa Claus, also known as Father Christmas, Santa, Kris Kringle and of course, Saint Nicholas, is the most well known symbol of Christmas. Santa lives in the North Pole with his wife Mrs. Clause along with the elves and reindeer. Santa's workshop is where all the magic happens, this is where the elves spend all year making the wonderful gifts we receive. Millions of children all over the world spend months thinking and waiting for Santa to come. Christmas Eve is Santa's big night, that's the night he visits all of us with his sleigh full of gifts and reindeer who have trained all year for this big night, to leave a special gift for each of us, or those of us who were good this year! Since Christmas is so full of history there are some very interesting facts surrounding this occasion.
MegzCakes as many of us, are always happy for this time of year. There are many unique and special themes to incorporate the festive seasons. Although we do have a wide variety of Christmas cakes and desserts we also offer other festive desserts to match your special occasion. Through the winter season we celebrate with a variety of holiday parties with family and friends to co-workers and fundraisers. Cakes and cupcakes can make a great addition to any class or office party and our customized desserts are a especially suited to a potluck where you order exactly what you want, we deliver it to you and you're all set for your contribution. We would also like to remind you that any of our custom products make an excellent gift and you'll be appreciated for the thought and time you put in to getting such a unique and personal gift. How about that perfect cake, delivered on your behalf!
Interesting Facts about Christmas:
- Germany was the first country to create an artificial Christmas tree. This tree was created from goose feathers that were died green to match the color of trees.
- Approximately 36 million trees are produced every year for the Christmas tree demand.
- In England from 1647 to 1660 Christmas was illegal. It was considered immoral to be celebrating and feasting on a holy day by the Puritan leader Oliver Cromwell. Anyone who did celebrate the day was arrested. The ban was lifted after the Purtian leader lost power.
- Christmas of 1914 a truce was called on the battlefields in WWI, the German soldiers had a small Christmas tree which they put up and both the German and British Soldiers sang Christmas carols. The Germans singing "Silent Night" while the British followed with "O Come all ye Faithful." This was considered a fairy tale but there has been proof in letters home from soldiers to their loved ones.
- Christmas became a national holiday in America in 1870.
- The Nutcracker" is the most famous Christmas ballet.
- "It's a Wonderful Life" appears on TV more often than any other holiday movie.
- More diamonds are sold around Christmas than any other time of the year.