Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
Recently we made this carrot cake recipe into delicious cupcakes. This is one of our favorite recipes, and definitely our favorite carrot cake. This recipe is easy to make and makes delicious cakes and cupcakes. See our tip box below for an excellent cake frosting to go along with this recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ground or grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients together.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, oil and eggs together well. Add grated carrots.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until combined. Add coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour before icing
In terms of a great cake frosting for carrot cake, Cream Cheese Frosting goes very well with the cinnamon and carrot flavors in the cake.