Royal Icing Recipe
This royal icing recipe is not hard to make, however, it's not as easy to make as regular buttercream frosting. Royal icing is very stiff and sweet and acts as an excellent glue for cake decoration. Once dry, this icing becomes very hard so if you want to have your icing hold its shape, royal icing will give the best results, for example, Royal icing in an excellent choice when using flower decorations on your cakes.
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups sifted icing sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg whites and lemon juice.
- Add icing sugar and mix on low speed until combined and smooth.
- The icing needs to be used immediately or transferred to an airtight container as royal icing hardens when exposed to air.
- Cover with plastic wrap when not in use.
Royal Icing is an excellent type of icing to create roses with. We have a great how to make buttercream roses video,
it's the same process with royal icing.
Watch Rose Video Now